Savannah Laser Hair Removal
Giving you the light you need to love the skin you are in!
Enhance Your Self Image
Safe and effective laser hair removal services for skin of color
Laser Hair Removal
I opened the Lazer Hair Removal Boutique in Savannah, GA to further support men & women of color facing the challenges and embarrassment associated with hair growth. Male-patterned hair growth, also known as hirsutism (ex: upper lip hair, chin hair, etc.) can be a driver of lower levels of self-confidence in women of all ages, while skin conditions such as pseudofolliculitis barbae otherwise known as razor bumps and hidradenitis suppurativa can affect both men and women. With the laser hair removal, my aim is to help women and men like you achieve your own inner and outer beauty by delivering safe and effective laser hair removal services for all skin types. The Lazer Hair Removal Boutique is unique in that I will personally work with each client to provide helpful knowledge about the process, as well as design personalized treatment plans to effectively manage hair growth so you can focus on the important things that make you better.
Savannah Laser Hair Removal Services
Our Savannah laser hair removal treatments are available for the following areas.
What To Expect
Here at the Lazer Hair Boutique, I work directly with you to provide a comprehensive, personalized and convenient process towards your journey of being hair free and confident! During your thorough 60 minute consultation, I will go over following information with you:
- Review your medical history, including medication use, history of skin disorders or scarring, and past hair removal procedures (Please bring current medications and skin products or list with active ingredients).
- Discuss risks, benefits and expectations, including what laser hair removal can and can’t do for you.
- Explain how treatment is performed and you will get a sense of how it feels so that you have a comfortable starting point.
- Discuss a personalized treatment plan, including the amount of recommended visits to achieve optimal results. Most clients can achieve their desired level of improvement after 6-8 sessions.
- Answer any questions you may have regarding treatment.
- Take photos to be used for before-and-after assessments and long-term reviews.
- Discuss related costs. Laser hair removal is usually an out-of-pocket expense. HSA/FSA cards accepted. Payment plans like Cherry, Afterpay, and CareCredit are available.
Ready to get started?
Book your Savannah Laser Hair Removal Consultation Online Today
Why Choose Dr. ZEE?
I am a board certified family medicine physician, and a young woman with beautiful dark skin who has experienced first-hand embarrassing male patterned hair growth for much of my life. I can appreciate and understand the power of laser hair removal on a personal and professional level. I have a great appreciation for the delivery of safe and quality care and I am dedicated and invested in ensuring the care and services I deliver will safely remove your unwanted facial and body hair.
A laser is a highly concentrated beam of light energy. The purpose of Laser Hair Reduction (LHR) is to diminish undesired hair from targeted areas of the body without injuring the surrounding tissue. Laser hair removal is based on light energy being transformed into heat to specifically destroy hair follicles in the anagen phase, this is known as selective photothermolysis. Light travels in waves and the wavelength determines if it will pass through an object or be absorbed. In laser hair removal, the laser is tuned to safely pass through the skin via a wavelength that targets only the melanin in the hair shaft and the hair follicle. The light travels down the hair shaft and when the pigment at the root of the follicle absorbs the light energy that is converted to heat, which damages or destroys the follicle. Cells connecting the hair bulb to the blood supply are damaged and when a new hair tries to grow it cannot reconnect to the blood supply. Thus, future hair growth is delayed and eventually inhibited. Over time, follicles that are repeatedly targeted with the laser will stop producing hairs completely or they will be finer and lighter. It can also be difficult to destroy every single hair follicle, but hair growth is typically reduced by 80-90% when the appropriate amount of treatments are delivered. What starts off as rough, coarse and thick hair it will eventually become softer, thinner and lighter. You will have areas where the hair has completely disappeared and some areas where sporadic light hairs remain. In some cases, hair may be too light, too short, or resistant to treatment. In these cases, a person might choose to use other hair removal methods.
The hair growth cycle makes multiple treatments necessary, as your hair is constantly growing and in different stages! An active follicle is typically next to a dormant follicle that may become active in 1-2 months, this is why the same area has to be treated several times. Anatomic location will determine frequency and interval of treatments, which can range from every 4-8 weeks for 6-12 sessions Long gaps in-between sessions can cause increase in density and growth in the hair. And because we are missing growth cycles due to gap in treatments you may see growth cycles of hair coming through at the same time. This is normal and will be the reason why potentially more sessions may be needed. Subsequent maintenance sessions 2-3 times per year are recommended to ensure the hair follicles do not regenerate.
Research has shown that laser hair removal is the most effective hair reduction method, compared to waxing, plucking, or chemical depilatories. While initial treatment is more costly, the longterm benefits of convenience, money, and your natural skin state is well worth the price.
- Research has shown that laser hair removal is the most effective hair reduction method, compared to waxing, plucking, or chemical depilatories.
- After multiple treatments, laser hair removal will lead to LONG TERM HAIR REDUCTION. Over the course of treatments, hair growth is reduced by 80-90% . For the best results, you’ll likely need occasional maintenance sessions, 2-3 times per year. These help ensure that the hair follicles don’t regenerate.
- Shaving, waxing, and other methods of removing unwanted hair can be painful, time-consuming, and only offer temporary relief from the burden and embarrassment of excessive or unwanted hair.
- While initial treatment is more costly, the long term benefits of convenience, money, and soft smooth natural skin is well worth the price.
- Laser Hair Removal is truly effective at reducing
- Body hair
- Razor bumps
- Discoloration or irritation from shaving , waxing, and plucking.
- If YOU want a quick alternative for getting rid of hair from the face, neck, chin, upper lip, under-arms, back, arms, legs, bikini line, and other areas.
- Women who want to enjoy the luxury of being hair-free on their face, underarms, bikini & legs.
- Men who want equally enjoy not having to shave their necks, backs, chests, and unwanted sideburn hairs that grow inside the edge of the ears .
Medical conditions laser hair removal can help treat:
- Folliculitis associated skin darkening and ingrown hair bumps
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) induced excessive hair growth
- Pilonidal cyst recurrence
- Hidradenitis suppurativa flare recurrence
Laser hair removal is also the best option for:
- Competitive bodybuilders, swimsuit models, swimmers, gymnasts, and other competitive athletes.
- Individuals undergoing gender transformation
- Anyone that wants no more endless cycles of short-term hair removal hassles!
Yes and No. Early in the development of lasers, they were only designed for lighter skin types with coarse dark hair and were unsafe for darker skin types. The advancement of technology has evolved to the creation of the Nd: YAG laser specifically designed for darker skin types. The Nd: YAG technology has a weaker melanin absorption rate, and longer wavelengths which make it safe to use on dark skin tones.
- I use the Candela Gentle Nd: YAG (1064nm) with the distinctive Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) that cools the skin with a burst of cryogen over the treatment area to minimize discomfort. This device can be safely used on men and women of all skin colors, but is most effective for darker skin tones and has fast treatment times.
- The Candela Gentle Yag that dramatically reduces the risk of skin burn or pigmentation.
- I offer a laser hair removal service that is safe for all ethnicities.
Anyone with a history of healing problems, cancer, lupus, photosensitive epilepsy, and taking photosensitive medications should not receive laser hair removal therapy. An alternate safe and effective treatment plan should be discussed with your provider.
Since treatment effectiveness and safety depend on the absorption of the light energy being specifically absorbed by melanin, laser hair removal is less effective for gray, red, blonde, and white hair because they do not absorb light very well.
- Risks of side effects vary with skin type, hair color, treatment plan, and adherence to pre-treatment and post-treatment care. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin irritation. Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes. Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin. These changes might be temporary or permanent. Skin lightening primarily affects those who don’t avoid sun exposure before or after treatment and those who have darker skin.
- Other rare side effects include graying of treated hair or excessive hair growth around treated areas, particularly on darker skin.
- Laser hair removal isn’t recommended for eyelids, eyebrows or surrounding areas, due to the possibility of severe eye injury.
- Rarely, laser hair removal can cause blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture
No. After multiple treatments, laser hair removal will lead to LONG TERM HAIR REDUCTION. Over the course of a minimum of 6 treatments, hair growth is reduced by 80-90% . For the best results, you will need occasional maintenance sessions, 2-3 times per year. These help ensure that the hair follicles don’t regenerate.
Cherry Pay: You can learn more by clicking HERE
Afterpay available upon check-out.
The hair growth journey begins at the bottom of a tunnel shaped structure called a hair follicle, which is comparable to a womb for the hair shaft. The hair follicle extends from the epidermis (top layer of skin) to the dermis (bottom layer of the skin), providing the necessary blood supply and nutrients needed to support the growth of hair. It also determines the color of hair, based on the melanin (pigment) content stored in the follicular cells. There are two types of melanin, eumelanin and pheomelanin. An abundance of eumelanin makes hair black, a moderate amount makes hair brown, while very little makes hair blonde. Pheomelanin, makes hair red. When hair follicles lose the ability to produce melanin, grey or white hair is produced.
Hair grows out of the follicle in cycles of 3 different stages defined as growth, transitional, and resting. The growth phase is also known as the anagen phase, in which the hair shaft is growing from the root of the follicle. The transitional or catagen phase is when hair growth slows and the follicle shrinks. In the resting or telogen phase the old hair shaft falls out and the follicle is empty. Different follicles go through different phases of the cycle at the same time, for example some are in the growth phase while others are in the resting phase. Duration of the growth or resting phase will determine the length of one’s hair.